Dressing for NYC Fashion Week…
September 4 – September 11
From fashion shows, to the parties that follow.
When New York Fashion Week arrives, the streets of Manhattan become a runway for professional models and fashionistas alike. Whether you are enjoying the view from the sidelines or backstage hairspraying a model’s “do,” dressing the part is essential, but the art of balancing the trendy and sophisticted with the practical is an art form.
Take a cue from Jamie Chung, actress, blogger (and Instagram-er!), and overall style inspiration. Sitting front row at many of the shows during New York Fashion Week, Jamie expresses her devotion to personal style with a unique mix of comfortable fabrics, statement pieces, and a killer shoe game.
Talk about a statement! This BCBG Runway Mira Cape is the perfect addition to Jamie’s complete ensemble. The embroidery makes the outfit “pop” and gives her overall look just the right amount of glam. The strappy heels pull the look together, making for a seamless transition between day and night with her cute yet comfortable approach to Fashion Week look.
Leandra Medine is another Fashion Week guru, more popularly known as theMan Repeller, taking over the Fashion World one humorous blog post andInstagram photo at a time. Her off-the-shoulder blouse paired with loose shorts is both messy and polished, punctuated by an effortless bun creating a vibe that she can wear from the Lincoln Center shows to Meatpacking District after parties in the city that never sleeps.
Running around backstage or sprinting to hail your next cab? Here are Fashion Week’s style necessities, keeping you fashionable and comfortable during the craziest time of the year:
1. Slip-ons or flats – Perfect for running in between shows or all-day wear. They come in all colors, prints, materials and styles for you to customize your look. We’re like these slip-ons from Top Shop.
2. Practical heels – For spicing up your outfit and not breaking your neck while doing it. These chunky-heeled beauties from Nasty Gal that would go with whatever you choose to wear.
3. Shirt dress – One of the most versatile piece of clothing, the shirt dress can be styled up to suit your mood, like this one from Alexander Wang. Make a statement aby pairing it with a bold necklace or funky belt.
4. Sunglasses – Rough night or just forgot to put on makeup? Not a problem. Grab a pair of sunglasses, a caffeinated beverage and your phone and be on your way! Urban Outfitters has affordable and chic pairs like these.
5. Lipstick – Your best friend for those days where you’re too lazy (or rushed!) to put on foundation and need a quick freshening up. No need for the whole makeup process, just a quick swipe and you are ready to go. Try the Tarte LipSurgence Matte Lip Tints, available in six fun colors!